In 1983 The Chairman of Toyota, Eiji Toyoda wanted the Toyota designers to develop a luxury automobile to compete with European models. It took Toyota over six years to develop a model that they were satisfied with and would present the Lexus LS400 to the luxury automobile world.
The LS showed innovation from its engineering, environmental impact, and of course fine luxury. Since that beginning in 1983 Lexus has become a name associated with fine luxury sedans on the cutting edge of innovation and technology as well as performance and efficiency.
Lexus Car Insurance Impact
There is nothing about getting into a Lexus that isn’t top of the line luxury, from hydraulic lift entry and driver and passenger memory seating to the custom seat design and ergonomic design of everything from the cabins.
The Lexus models available:
- Sedans – IS, ES, GS, LS, HS, CT, GS F, IS F
- SUVs – NX, RX, GX, LX
- Coupes – RC, IS C, LC, RC F
- Hybrids – IS, ES, GS, LS, HS, CT, NX, RX, LC
- F PERFORMANCE – RC F, GS F, IS F, LFA
Lexus Accident Benefit Performance
The Lexus line of vehicles is one of the more technologically advanced vehicles in term of the safety initiatives.
- Blind spot monitors
- Rear cross traffic alerts
- Lane-keeping assist
- Pre-collision safety system
- Stereo cameras that detect objects in the road ahead
- An optional system within the LS includes bringing itself to a complete stop when it detects collisions up to 24mph.
- Self-parking system
- 8 standard airbags equipped
- Automatic high beam lighting
- Radar cruise control
- Responsive Seating design
- Vehicle Stability Control
- Back-up Camera
- Water repellant glass
- Smart stop technology
- Safety connects system that notifies Lexus if the vehicle is involved in an accident and emergency personnel is called immediately.
Lexus Collision Costs
The NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) and the IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) have not tested Lexus with crash tests so data on collision costs are largely based on claims made within the insurance industry itself. Due to the high cost of a Lexus vehicle cost of repair and maintenance will be high.
Comprehensive Claim Costs for Lexus
Low volume of sales keeps Lexus off the radar when it comes to car thefts. Standard Lexus is equipped with theft deterrent devices such as alarms, engine immobilizer system.
Considering the investment being made in a vehicle such as a Lexus keeping it insured with Comprehensive and collision insurance would be a wise decision. Discuss with an agent how different factors such as your good driving record, additional steps toward security and safety or the possibility of associated groups may provide you with a significant compromise on insurance rates.