In the early 1980’s, the Samson Cree Nation was looking for a way to invest their oil and gas money. They found a new venture in an insurance company that was available for purchase and it became the beginning of Peace Hills General Insurance Company, serving Western Canada since 1982. With their head office located in Edmonton, Alberta and branch offices in Calgary, Alberta, and Vancouver, British Columbia they currently employ 200 people and work with over 478 independent broker offices across Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, The Yukon, The Northwest Territory, and Nunavut. Peace Hills General Insurance is also committed to providing exceptional claims service when it is needed. The Claims Department is dedicated to providing courteous and efficient service for clients, and to be fair, reasonable and flexible.
Products and Services Available from Peace Hills General
- If you are over 25 years old Peace Hills will automatically include loss of use coverage for a rental car if your car is damaged in an accident and is being repaired. The policy automatically includes ourPackage Plus Endorsement which includes the following coverage in the policy: Loss of use coverage , Coverage for non-owned vehicles: e.g. when renting a car. Waiver of Depreciation Endorsement.
- Collectors Vehicle Plan is a program specifically designed for antique, classic and vintage “Collector” vehicles.
- Motorcycle Plus Coverage is flexible and encompasses the needs of today’s driver by offering a selection of customized options that suit your lifestyle. Eligible Types include Standard/Cruiser, Touring, Off-Road/Limited Speed and Sport.
- Recreational Vehicle Insurance. Along with your primary vehicle, we have coverages for all of your recreational vehicles: Motorhomes, Snowmobiles, All-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
- Peace Hills Insurance offers Property Plus Program for Homeowners, Condominium, Tenant, Rented Dwelling, Seasonal Dwelling.
- All our property policies automatically include the following enhancements at no extra cost: Bicycles up to $2,000 per bike, Bylaws coverage up to $30,000, Fire department charges up to $10,000, Home computer software, Identity theft up to $10,000, Jewellery and furs up to $6,000, Property of a parent in a nursing home – liability included, Property of a student (living away from home temporarily) – liability included, In addition, each individual policy has their own specific highlights.
- Peace Hills Insurance Commercial policies are specifically designed depending on the needs of your business. Whether you require property or auto insurance for your large or small business.
Market Strength and Reliability for Peace Hills Insurance
Peace Hills Insurance shareholder’s equity ended the year at $75.6M and finished the year with a capital ratio of 236.6% which is well above their internal target. Rated by AM Best and maintained a financial strength rating of B+ (stable outlook) in 2015. Independent Auditor’s Report concluded “In our opinion, the consolidated financial statements present fairly, in all material respects, the financial position of Peace Hills General Insurance Company and its subsidiary as at December 31, 2015, and their financial performance and their cash flows for the year then ended in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.”